History on the Square
Saturday, October 01, 2011 1–3:30 pm
Join us for History on the Square, a free special event in appreciation of past, present and future Society supporters on Oct 1 from 1-3:30 pm at the Wisconsin Historical Museum on Madison's Capitol Square. Enjoy a unique opportunity to connect to your past by exploring the Society's best work from around the state — all in one location.
- Participate in family friendly activities like scavenger hunts (including a prize for finishing), museum exhibit tours, kids crafts and more.
- Go to battle with an 1812 Commander of the British Troops and meet other colorful, costumed characters.
- Take a picture with Lady, a black Morab mare who will pull a historic buggy around the Capitol Square.
- Research your family history online at an interactive genealogy station.
- Explore Wisconsin history through captivating displays and presentations.
- Win an Amazon Kindle preloaded with A Short History of Wisconsin.
Plus you'll be among the first to view the museum's fascinating new Wisconsin Innovations
This event is free and open to the public. Show your support for the Society by bringing your friends and family members.
Venue: Wisconsin Historical Museum
Four floors of changing exhibit galleries, permanent exhibits and the museum store — located on Madison's Capitol Square
30 N Carroll St
Additional Contact Info:
For more information about this event, contact Laura Beam at 608-264-6543 or via email